Saturday, June 28, 2014

Week-end à la plage

When I returned to Rennes after my vacation to England, it was time to gear up for the arrival of Les Admissibles. We needed to decorate the school with our beach themed decorations, organize our reception, and make welcome packs!

I had decided to take part in the show that the French students would put on for the candidates each night. I figured I would just be a pompom girl and help backstage but I was lucky enough to get a role in “G’Rennes Anatomy” a parody of Grey’s Anatomy. I would have to speak French for the role and after one train wreck rehearsal, I made sure to learn all of my text for the next day. Although I was super nervous, I did my best to keep a smile and stay in character.

After a couple of weeks of welcoming the candidates, we all had a weekend free to head to the beach in St. Malo. My friend Mary was kind enough to host us at her family’s vacation home there! We spent a day on the beach, soaking up sun and swimming in the sea. It was just what I needed!

That evening, we prepared a nice dinner and cocktails and enjoyed our little French cottage which was once a barn! The next day, we went to get authentic Bretagne Galette. We also got to ride through the city and take in the fresh sea air as well as get an amazing view of the coast!


I returned home refreshed and ready to tackle the final weeks of my internship. I can’t believe it’s already time to start packing!

ESC Friends

Beautiful Seaside View

David, Mary, and I

Posing in Greek Love shirt with my Greek friend, Anastasia!

1 comment:

  1. I spent a really nice week-end with you Anastacia and David ! I'm glad you enjoyed it as I did :)

    ReplyDelete