Thursday, June 19, 2014

My First Bungee Jump, Saut de Coeur!

It seems like I have been able to find a lot of what I have been looking for in these past months. J’ai les chances. It seems as though whenever any of us are looking for something interesting or fun, we are able to find it. It is all thanks to the rich community lives that French people know how to appreciate.

First, our little group was chatting about wanting to find something fun for the weekend. We then saw a poster for  a benefit supporting HIV awareness: a bungee jump! Saut de Coeur was being hosted by the IRO Association of ESC Rennes and  was our opportunity to jump from 60 meters off of the ground, equivalent to an 18 story building. We had found our weekend activity!

We all decided we were going to check it out. I was sure that I was going to do it! No problem, right? We arrived on the Saturday morning filled with butterflies and determination! The cool thing about conquering a fear is that it shows you a new side of yourself. I watched three of my friends go before me, and I finally realized as I watched all of them take the leap I realized how scared I was and I wasn’t so sure I could do it anymore. I felt my fear mounting as I looked at the beautiful skylines of Rennes from 200ft up, and after several seconds, I finally found the courage to simply let go. I felt like I was going in slow motion as I felt gravity pulling me down. I opened my eyes to see and now can always remember the peace I felt in those moments that I faced a fear I never knew I had. 

This was an exciting experience for the group of us had done together and made us bond even more. I am so happy I can look back on these random, quirky, and life changing experiences and remember the friendships built within the past year.
My jump!


Pre-Bungee Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment