Thursday, September 12, 2013

Learning about myself

This week has been full of learning on many different levels. I cannot believe how lucky I am to be able to have this study abroad experience!

This week I started classes and am remembering why I chose to be a business student. One thing I love about ESC Rennes, is that the students really are here to learn (no matter how much they party). It feels nice to be surrounded by people who value learning and who take part in class projects and discussions willingly.

Tuesday, I had my Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management class. I took the Belbin test in order to find out which role I play in a group and my results were really spot on! I am the "Shaper" who is described as "Highly strung, outgoing, dynamic." I couldn't believe how well the description fit me. I am also glad to see that I really do play an important role in a team (as does every member). My next highest result was the "company worker." Apparently, I am versatile.

On Wednesday, I had the day off and decided to take a dance class offered by ESC. It was so nice to do something familiar, something that I have always loved. I was excited to take the class in French, another opportunity to brush up! I also may have the opportunity to audition for a play that a theatre group is putting on!

This week I've learned a lot about people too. I have finally come to a point where I can strongly and firmly stand up for myself in threatening situations and I am no longer afraid to tell people when something is bothering me. I have found good friends and I have found untrustworthy peers. I am so happy that my circle of good friends is bigger than that of the untrustworthy.

I think that living here alone and figuring out my own path is the best way for me to find myself. I look forward to the next 8 months and all of the wisdom I will gain from studying abroad!

Erika and I after dance!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely see you as a Shaper!
    What would you say is the most important thing you learned from studying abroad?

    ReplyDelete