Friday, September 27, 2013

A Month Already?

In the last couple of weeks, life has been full of new discoveries, meetings, and experiences. I have successfully lived in France for one month now and I am loving every moment. It is really interesting how just one month abroad has not only broadened my perspective but made me appreciate all of the things I took for granted over in the States.

I feel so privileged to be attending ESC Rennes. Here I have rediscovered why I chose to study business. I have always felt like a natural leader and here I have been able to use my skills and am learning to develop them in a culturally and globally responsible way. I know that I want a career that will allow me to continuously develop as a person. I hope to find ways a job that has opportunities to travel and establish relationships around the world. I want to find a company whose values align with mine and whose goals better the world we live in. It sounds unattainable but if experience has taught me anything it is that anything is possible if you are willing to work for it.

Last week leaves began to fall and the notorious rainy weather of Rennes struck consistently. Lucky for all of us living here, this week is the opposite! I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and explore a bit of the city by foot with my friend, Erika. There are so many beautiful sights to take in all around the city. I finally took the time to slow down and enjoy these sights. One of the things I love the most about France is that taking the time for the “little things” is always permitted. Erika and I indulged in one of these little things by sitting in Sainte Anne and having un petit repose.

One of the most amazing things that I have discovered is my new ability to make the best out of a bad situation. Every day that I have had a bad experience or have felt lonely, I have turned around. I am deciding to finally live for the day (while maintaining future goals) and forget the trivial worries that plague me. In other words, I give it to God.

Based on the thoughts I have as I lay in bed every night, I don’t know how I will be able to go back to the life I lead before. I know that the next eight months will fly by and I will have to begin a new way of living back home. I am going to look for opportunity everywhere I go from now on.


“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”- Mahatma Gandhi 


No comments:

Post a Comment