Monday, September 9, 2013

Back to School!

It's been another eventful day for me here in Rennes! Today I started school and it was the most lovely day to begin anew in my host university.

I was amazed to find that it was still dark today when I woke up and was barely daybreak when I went to catch the bus. I got to my university and promptly found my classroom. I made sure to get a seat right in the centre and had plenty of room for other students (French, I hoped) to sit next to me.

I was amazed at how focused I was in class (International Organizational Behavior). An American professor who has lived in France for two decades teaches it and already brought in a guest speaker. It was so refreshing to get in there and get going right away. I hope that my longer days (8:15am-4:30pm) go just as well as today did!

This evening I also participated in a fitness class put on by the Sports Club at ESC. It was the most intense, crowded workout. To top it off, the girl instructed in French! I was relieved to see that I understood mostly everything she said. I will try a dance class later in the week and I am sure I will decided to join the club. What a great way to meet people and stay healthy! 

Did I mention le chat noir that I met? C'est mignon!!!

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour, ma petite! Comment t'allez vous? You look great and sound like everything is going well. Keep up the great posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, what ended up being your favorite class you took?

    ReplyDelete