Saturday, January 4, 2014

The End of Something Incredible

Fall 2013 has been full of so many wonderful opportunities and experiences that I will always hold near and dear to me. I met some of the most interesting and dynamic people you can think of, seen some gorgeous sites, and shared memories that will last a lifetime. This semester helped me find out who I am and who I hope to become.

The friends I made here in Rennes have shown me so much about other cultures and personalities and have made me realize a lot about where I come from and how I am. I am so incredibly happy to have shared my first semester abroad with people who have impacted me so greatly. For the first time I was able to make friends with people who would not judge me for being who I am and I was able to feel like I had a home here in France!

We have done so many things together. Nights out, day trips, classes, study sessions, late night chats, movie nights, and so much more. I am so lucky to say that I have bonds with people from absolutely everywhere and I hope to reunite with these wonderful people again in the future.


Farewell Dinner with Da Crew

We all got together for a final dinner where we each received different "awards" that symbolize what we bring to the crew. I got "Most Improved" which is really special to me since I came into the crew about 2 months after most people. I feel so blessed to have found my place in such a dynamic group of people. I'll never forget what I have learned from these past months and I look forward to learning more during Spring Semester.


1 comment:

  1. We are so proud of you for being open to grow from these experiences. It can only help you in the future!

    ReplyDelete