Saturday, January 4, 2014

Thanksgiving

One thing that is really cool about the people you meet during an exchange is their willingness to share their culture and to learn about yours. I have learned about so many different traditions that my friends have and as Thanksgiving approached, I knew that the Americans needed to share their traditions too!

The week of Thanksgiving was one of the busiest weeks that we all were going to have so we decided to have a big dinner the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Luckily, one of the American guy's moms sent pumpkin pie mix, which to me is the best part of the holiday! An announcement via Facebook was shared and we all chose a dish to make. I made fruit salad, green beans, and gravy! 

The event turned out to be an eclectic mix of different types of food, including Chinese! It was so cool to spend Thanksgiving with over 20 other nationalities!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment