Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pom Pom Girls 4L Trophy

It is absolutely unbelievable how many wonderful opportunities this year has presented. I have been able to meet so many wonderful people, see gorgeous places, and create memories that will last forever. One of the coolest opportunities I have received this semester is becoming a part of the ESC Rennes Pom Pom Girl team! It is such a privilege to spend time with these wonderful girls and really try to integrate myself with them.

Our first performance was south of Rennes for the 4L Trophy previllage. The 4L Trophy is a fundraiser in which students from ESC journey across the Moroccan desert to deliver school supplies to children in need. To understand more about 4L, visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4L_Trophy

We spent the day at the kick off and got to perform three times. It was so much fun to speak with all of the French students, play games with them, and indulge in my love for dance. I have danced my entire life and had started to really miss it after not being able to do anything during the fall semester! I love the way the Pom Pom Girls handle themselves and act as a team. It is so much different from my previous experiences and I feel truly blessed to be a member of such an amazing group of girls.


I feel like this opportunity is allowing me to get a more authentic experience of what it is like to be a French student and has popped the “Erasmus bubble” that many foreign exchange students experience. Merci beaucoup les filles!
Dance with your heart!

2 comments:

  1. Erasmus is an exchange program designed for individuals within the European Union

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you for putting yourself out there and really experiencing what the school has to offer!

    ReplyDelete